At the Cheetah Conservation Fund (CCF) UK we respect the privacy of our supporters and visitors to our website. This policy is concerned with how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
The Cheetah Conservation Fund UK is a UK registered charity (number 1079874). It holds events to raise awareness of the plight of the cheetah, and raises money which goes directly to support the work of CCF Headquarters in Namibia.
Founded in Namibia in 1990, Cheetah Conservation Fund (CCF) is the global leader in research and conservation of cheetahs. CCF is dedicated to saving the cheetah in the wild.
The vast majority of wild cheetahs are outside protected areas, in areas populated by humans. Saving this magnificent animal from extinction requires innovative conservation methods that address the welfare of both cheetah and human populations over large landscapes. CCF has developed a set of integrated programs that work together to achieve this objective. CCF’s programs have effectively stabilized and even increased the wild cheetah population in Namibia.
We take our duty to process your personal information very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, manage, use and protect your personal information.
The Cheetah Conservation Fund and Cheetah Conservation Fund UK (together “CCF”) process your personal data for purposes of achieving the charitable objectives of the CCF including fundraising, administration and undertaking marketing and trading activities in relation to the CCF’s aims. We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998. This policy applies to information collected by us on this and associated websites; we are referring to these sites collectively as “our website”.
Why we collect information about you:
By collecting your information we can talk to you directly and deliver the latest news to your inbox so you get to know exactly what is happening and what you can do to help secure a better future for cheetah.
Also, by understanding how people use the information we provide through our website, social media and our emails, we can improve how we communicate the most important messages that you need to hear. So, your information helps us to:
- Make our website work better for you
- Know how to get in touch with you so we can keep you informed on all the latest cheetah news
- Understand how you’re using our website and social media channels so we can keep on improving it
Some parts of the site – like our shop for example – will ask for more information so you can use services or complete transactions. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
For example, we may collect information when you:
- Become a supporter of CCF UK
- Participate in a CCF or CCF UK event or campaign
- Adopt a cheetah
- Become a cheetah champion or ambassador
- Make a donation to us
- Subscribe to our regular e-newsletters
- Respond to our mailings
- Request information from us
- Volunteer with us
- Make comments on message boards or discussion forums
- Contact us or become involved with us in any other way
- Information, using cookies and page tagging, about how you use the site to help us improve it
All your information is stored on secure servers and payment transactions are encrypted. The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use this information to:
- Ensure you receive the latest information, services or products you asked for (for example adoption updates, e-newsletter, events, campaigns, fundraising etc)
- Fundraise in accordance with our policies and procedures
- Administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing gift aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- To contact you in line with your preferences (ie by email, post or telephone)
- Keep you up to date with the work you are supporting and to ask for financial and non-financial support
- Support and further our mission, for example to inform you about our campaigns, appeals and events
- Improve the design and content of the website
- Let you customise features of the website if you choose to
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
We will only contact you in the ways you have selected and, from time to time, may share with you information about CCF’s annual programme that we believe to be of interest.
If you enter your postal address or telephone number into our website, we may use these details to contact you unless you ask us not to. If you have provided us with your postal address or phone number and you don’t want us to contact you this way, please let us know by email to email@example.com
If at any time you’d like us to change the way we contact you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on tel: +44 (0)791 219 4731.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information, see the information we hold about you and ask for any inaccuracies to be corrected. If you want to see the information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com
When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. We may ask you to pay a fee. You can also email us at the same address if you think that information we hold about you is inaccurate and you want it to be corrected.